Lee’s Summit is a progressive destination city with a fiscally balanced tax base and a strong sense of community, which attracts and retains investment by aggressively pursuing development and redevelopment strategies through public and private partnerships.
- Goal 1: The City of Lee’s Summit is development and redevelopment friendly.
- Goal 2: In order to improve the current strategy of increasing the office and industrial assessed valuations in Lee’s Summit, the City should evaluate the Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council’s (LSEDC) relationship, structure, and reporting communications with the City.
- Goal 3: Establish a ratio of 35% commercial and 65% residential development and redevelopment mix.
- Goal 4: Aggressively pursue redevelopment projects using the appropriate tools to achieve the highest and best use of underutilized properties.
- Goal 5: Lee’s Summit is perceived as a “progressive destination city.”
KPA Chairs: Steve Tominia & Rick Viar