Acclaimed as the ideal safe place to live, learn, work and play, Lee’s Summit embodies healthy living, excellence in the arts, recreation, learning and multi-generational leisure opportunities combined with a respect for the environment and its diverse population.
Goal 1: Support arts and culture in Lee’s Summit.
- Increase the quantity, variety, and quality of arts programming that is reasonable priced and accessible.
- Utilize the cultural arts identity as an economic and community development strategy.
- Work to create a network of successful, sustainable, multidisciplinary cultural art spaces, museums, performance venues, and cultural districts that reflect our City’s diversity, creativity, and history.
Goal 2: Support a positive brand and consistent community image.
- Determine desired image of Lee’s Summit.
- Identify and address multi-generational interests and needs.
- Implement and promote the Lee’s Summit brand.
Goal 3: Support a diverse community.
- Identify, educate and implement civic standards for diversity within the community in order to promote mutual understanding and respect among all social, racial, religious, cultural and ethnic groups.
Goal 4: Support healty lifestyles.
- Continue commitment to park preservation and expansion.
- Create and promote awareness of community wellness initiatives so that residents increasingly choose healthy lifestyles.
- Share community commitment to environmental sustainability.
KPA Chairs: Ben Martin & Dr. Emmanuel Ngomsi